News & Events
May is National Mental Health Awareness Month
Registration & Actvities begin at 9:30 AM
NAMI Scranton & Northeast Region has held the Mental Health Awareness Walk at Nay Aug Park in Scranton since 1997. Every year NAMI puts a lot of effort into making it something that will be fun & interesting and will uphold our goals:
To support, to educate, and to advocate.
This year’s event will raise awareness about mental illness and give hope to family members, consumers, friends, and professionals within the community.
Activities will include:
- Live Music and DJing by Janice & Mark Chesna!
- Reiki in the Park by Carol Brozzetti - if you have not ever experienced it you should!
- Coloring Station by Amazon Art Studio - think mandalas!
- Young Living Essential Oils that aid in Mental Wellness by Terra McAuliffe
- The Hugging Army will be offering hugs to people along the Walk path (()) Did you know a hug can lead to biochemical & physiological reactions in your body that can significantly improve your health?
- Tim Maloney and his Kindness Act group will be passing out flowers to Walkers - yes flowers!
- And Rebecca Sitar will help get our Mind, Body & Spirit ready to Walk for Mental Health Awareness!
And of course there will also be the information fair,
t-shirt give away and lunch for everyone!
Our planners are working on more activities to make the day fun for everyone, if you have an activity that you think would be in line with the day’s mission of promoting mental health awareness for all please contact us!
There are plenty of opportunities for YOU to get involved:
- Be a Sponsor!
- Host a Table!
- And/Or Walk!